We are seeking a Machinist to become a part of our team! In this role, you will be responsible for fabricating, repairing and modifying test fixtures, . The potential for growth is largely dependent on the candidate’s success. We’re a small company with a lot of potential – we just need to continue adding the right pieces to our puzzle!
- Fabricates, repairs and modifies test fixtures, jigs and prototypes from original and previously developed blueprints.
- Able to read different types of design and engineered documents and schematics.
- Sets up and operates lathes, milling machines, drill presses and related equipment, some of which is handwork. Can work within a close to moderate tolerance.
- Performs machining operations requiring knowledge of the principles of metallurgy and uses precision hand tools in fabrication and modification.
- Uses measuring devices such as micrometers, indicators, gage pins, gage blocks, vernier calipers and all other measuring devices that is needed to successfully run a productive machine shop.
- Repairs machine shop equipment, such as shafts, bearings, bushings, belts, shear pins, pulleys and gears.
- Maintains safe, workable environment and keeps machines in proper working condition.
- Able to communicate with others and works with different departments within the company.
- Inventory of materials and tools and order as needed.
- QC incoming mechanical parts and performs.
- Assist in assembly and troubleshoot fixtures
- Highly detail-oriented
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic, with a willingness to “go the extra mile” when needed – occasional overtime will be required based on specific project needs