We are seeking a Buyer to become a part of our team! In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing, quoting, negotiating and purchasing while supporting the sales staff and maintaining inventory. The potential for growth is largely dependent on the candidate’s success. We’re a small company with a lot of potential – we just need to continue adding the right pieces to our puzzle!
- Monitor material budgets of all contracts from inception to completion.
- Source, evaluate, quote, and negotiate all required parts, services, and raw material
- Incorporate vendor lead times to supervise and schedule all inside Fabrication
- Establish and monitor Machinist workflow.
- Calculate and control inventory through strict, disciplined processes.
- Provide support to sales staff.
- Initialize job release to manufacturing.
- Process all incoming invoices for transfer to accounts payable.
- Work with Office manager to establish accurate monthly WIP.
- Process incoming receiving and transfer to appropriate job bin.
- Responsible for processing VG insides sales, which includes quoting, purchasing,
and shipping within scheduled guidelines.
- Purchasing background a plus
- Highly detail-oriented
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Organization is critical as you will shift frequently between projects as needed
- Strong ability to forward-think and recognize how certain aspects of a project will
- impact future delivery dates (e.g. identifying long-lead items, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic, with a willingness to “go the extra mile” when
needed – occasional overtime will be required based on specific project needs
Guidelines for Success
- Work with co-workers to create a quality product(s).
- Find more cost cutting methods on all materials.
- Learn skills required to accurately update schedule utilizing the Project Program.
- Complete training on manufacturing techniques to better understand time constraints
- in specific processes.
- Promote a positive working environment.